2024 May Foodservice Bulletin

  • What are the 10 Big Questions in Foodservice?
  • Navigating Foodservice Market Data
  • Additional Product Subcategories included in AFS Market Size 2024
  • Sissel Rosengren interview on Sky News 
  • Launching new ways to explore foodservice data insights


Data doesn't lie... 

                      or does it?

The wrong data can mislead

Bad data, bad decisions...

Using global data to support foodservice market decisions  can be a huge mistake. Every market has it's local behaviours, costs, demographics and structure, making it almost dangerous to assume what works in one area will work here. In this issue we explore some challenges with foodservice data and how to approach it the right way.


There are more sources of data being thrown at us from all directions at the moment including from distributors, point-of-sale systems, order aggregators, event organisers, industry associations and even the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Each of these only tell a part of the story, from a certain perspective. It is critical to make sure you understand the source, data collection methodology, data integrity and limitations of any data that you use to support your decisions. We offer a Discovery Workshop to identify exactly what data insights are available, relevant and independent and therefore reveal reliable insights for your specific needs.

Click on the image to read more.


New product categories
in 2024 Market Size reports


In our 2024 Australian Foodservice Market Size data, we have included12 additional product categories to allow better insights and granularity. These include pre-sliced cheese, salmon, fresh herbs and a breakdown of all types of mince.

That takes our syndicated Market Size reporting to 13 main product categories covering 200 sub-groupings; providing market volume, value, and weekly usage data across all channels in both the Commercial as well as Institutional Sectors.


New ways to see data

NEW Foodservice Data Dashboards available

We are launching new ways to deliver, view and filter data for our range of 2024 Market Size Reports. Clients will now be able to interactively create their own views by filtering product, channels, sector and year in order to create their own specific views. Ask for a free demonstration.


The 10 BIG QUESTIONS in Foodservice

Destroying the myth that there is no data in foodservice! We can find the answers to the 10 BIG questions in Foodservice.

All you need to do is to plan ahead, so we can collect what you need.

In the Media


Ross Greenwood interviews Sissel Rosengren

The data says the foodservice sector is back to "normal". Even though costs, staffing and structural issues have changed, the challenges faced by the industry aren't dramatically different to pre-pandemic conditions. In this recent interview with Ross Greenwood on Sky Business News, Sissel Rosengren, Managing Director, Food Industry Foresight reveals what the data is showing about the Australian Foodservice Sector. 

Click here to view.

AFS Market Size
What is the total available market for your products across all foodservice channels? How is it changing?
Report options from $6,200 

AFS Market Structure 2024
Foodservice outlet numbers across all channels, changes and trends
Report options from $5,500

Foodservice Distribution in Australia

What type of Distributor do buyers prefer when procuring in your product category? The top 5 distributors supply less than 40% of the market. How do you distribute your products to the other 60%?

Three report volumes $950 - $4,500 each

All prices exclude GST


You are receiving this email as you have previously agreed to receive emails from us,
are a
subscriber to one or more of our reports, or have met us at an event.

Want to change how you receive these emails?

You can Unsubscribe or Update your preferences